The team of the Department of Periodontics at the Universidad Internacional de Cataluña in Barcelona by Professor José Nart has received 4 awards in the scientific communications for evaluation at the 59th annual meeting of the Spanish Society of Periodontics and Osseointegration (SEPA).
The prizes stand out in the treatment of advanced or severe periodontitis by keeping teeth that were considered lost; in the health of dental implants avoiding bone loss around them; and in two novel techniques such as autotransplantation (placing wisdom teeth in the position of other fractured or lost molars) and, corticotomies or small incisions in the gum and bone to accelerate 30-40% orthodontic treatment.
– 1st Prize of the Clinical Poster Communication “From irrational to rational Interdisciplinary periodontal treatment on hopeless teeth”. Giuseppe Mainas, Teresa Garcés, Marta Peña, Pedro Diz, Andrés Pascual, Cristina Vallés, Matteo Albertini and Jose Nart.
– 1st Prize in Oral Clinical Communication: Autotransplant of teeth with open apex: 3D printing to increase the chances of success. Jesús Muñoz, Ernest Lucas, Cristina Vallès, Matteo Albertini, Fede Hernández-Alfaro, José Nart.
– Finalist in the video category: Minimally invasive corticotomy with orthodontic treatments in maxillary expansion. About a case. Jacopo Candiago, Manuel Cabeza, Javier Mora, Vanessa Ruiz-Magaz, Andrés Pascual and José Nart
– Finalist in the category of research communication: Effect of change of platform in the stabilization of soft and hard peri-implant tissue. Experimental, randomized study, parallel to 6 months of follow-up. Íñigo Gastaminza, Mariana Baglivo, Blanca Paniagua, Octavi Ortiz-Puigpelat, Luis M. Delgado, Xavier Rodríguez-Ciurana, José Nart.
In addition Dr. José Nart PhD, Alfonso Gil, won in the video category showing the coverage of roots or recessions with the new technique VISTA or tunnel with gum graft underneath it.
– 1st Prize for the best Communication in Video Format. THREE-DIMENSIONAL DIGITAL ANALYSIS OF MULTIPLE RECESSION-TYPE DEFECTS TREATED BY VESTIBULAR SUBPERIOSTEAL INCISION TUNNEL ACCESS (VISTA): A PILOT STUDY “Alfonso Gil, José Nart, Homa Zadeh.
We want to congratulate Professor José Nart Molina and his entire team for the scientific successes achieved, being in this scientific meeting the Spanish teaching and research group with the most awards.